Wednesday, August 18, 2010

INTRODUCTORY POST

Hey everyone!!
My name is Kelly-Ann Mordt, I was born, and I live in Zimbabwe, but I have a Norwegian passport and I am a Resident of Australia. I have been in Perth for 3 years now, studying at UWA. I am doing a Bachelor of Arts Majoring in Anthropology, and I have done a Woman Studies unit before which I really enjoyed so I am looking forward to seeing how this one goes! I love Perth, but I miss home very much as my family still lives there, but because of the political situation in the country and the lack of employment opportunities, I think I will stay on after my degree and maybe go to Brisbane to work for a year or so. Since I have lived here, I stayed in Trinity College (which is on campus of the university) for 2 years, and at the beginning of this year I moved into an apartment with 2 wonderful friends and we have been very happy! As well as going to uni, I work in a shop in Claremont called 'Lorna Jane', it sells the most beautiful women's sports clothing and promotes active living. I love working there, and I am very active myself, and a regular at Fitness First Gym in Floreat. I really enjoy working with, and serving people at Lorna Jane, as well as getting to know all the stock as I also have a passion for clothes and fashion. Personally I think exercise is extremely important and I don't feel my day is properly done if I haven't been to the gym. I find it is also a brilliant stress reliever. All in all I am a very social person and a strong believer in working hard and playing hard. The link I have decided to share with you all is The Lorna Jane Website, not because I work there but because I think it is so positive and the clothes are especially designed to encourage women to live an active life and feel good about them selves and their bodies. To me, this is so inspiring, especially in todays world where there are so many different pressures on women to look a certain way.
Thanks everyone, and I look forward to getting to know all of you!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment