Sunday, August 15, 2010

Introductory Post

Hey everyone, my name is Samantha and I'm a second year Bachelor of Arts student majoring in Psychology. As a technologically inept student this blog will be both a challenging and hopefully rewarding experience!

I came across an article, The Closing Gap Between Man and Machine, by Penelope Debelle (2006) which explored Australian Dance Theatre's 2006 performance of Devolution. I found this article interesting and relevant as it provides another way of expressing the ideas of this unit, through dance. The performance was choreographed to represent an "interplay between the simple technology of the robotics in the work, and the complexity of the human body as a machine". It's interesting to explore the concept of movement in "narrowing the divide" between human and machine. I managed to also find a link to a promotion of Devolution, it's worth taking a look at. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment